Saturday, September 8, 2012

Today I explored Regent's Park and then took the tube for the first time to another area of the city (no idea what is considered "downtown"/"uptown" type of thing yet) to see a bizarre production of Shakespeare's "Troilus and Cressida" -- and when I bizarre I mean BIZARRE. That show was at Riverside Studios.

Weirdest part of the show for me was watching the staff seat latecomers. The theater was arena style where there are seats on 3 sides of the stage and actors came in from the sides. Latecomers were seated at a moment when actors were right in the way... as a house manager i was horrified. Just saying. One lady climbed over an actor to get up the stairs. Like actually CLIMBED over him.

I don't know who told me that navigating the tube system was easier than the subway in NYC, but that person was wrong. I have NO idea how it works or how to where I want to be. It's actually really frustrating because I never know where I am... and I just don't like that.

Also the weather has been beautiful. Not at all what I was expecting in a good way!


No comments:

Post a Comment