Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Last night we went to see Shakespeare's "As You Like It" at the Globe Theatre. It was nothing short of wonderful. Honestly I've never seen a production of Shakespeare and actually enjoyed myself... so this production was life changing because I had an absolute blast. I thought the show was flawless -- everything from the acting to the music to the set changes. I guess ultimately the whole point of my being on this program is to develop a better understanding of Shakespeare and it's pretty epic that I was able to experience such an unbelievable production so early on in my time here. 

Sad thing: You have to buy the program. They don't just hand out playbills. I'll never take being handed a free playbill for granted again.

This city is insanely expensive... but only when you think about the conversion rate, so I just try not to think about it at all. Like I just spend 28 pounds at the grocery store, which doesn't seem like a lot because I bought tons of stuff, but when you consider that it's $40 it's scary.

Brits are so much nicer than Americans, but they're just more serious about everything (which I love). It's definitely a slower culture, even in a capitol city. I still can't figure out which side of the sidewalk to stay on or why the crosswalks are in the middle of the street instead of at the corner. 


My ticket!

London Bridge

The Globe Theatre

My view of the stage. I was standing right up against it.

A beautiful evening.

The stage and some randos.

Behind me.

It's a tall stage.

2 comments:

  1. "Honestly I've never seen a production of Shakespeare..." What about Twelfth Night in Battery Park with your cousin and your favorite aunt????

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD it's like Shakespeare in love has come alive and you know I guess the real Willy Shakes

    ReplyDelete