Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Evening Standard is the paper that is passed out as you're coming into/walking out of the tube station. Yesterday everyone in London was walking around with, what I believe, is some pretty intense advertising. How could you not be fascinated by that??? THE MORMONS ARE COMING! I mean c'mon, it's awesome. And I'm not just saying this because I'm extremely biased (#Jujamcyn). The show had 3 pages of this paper dedicated to making people aware that they're opening in the West End next year (on my birthday might I add). 

THE MORMONS ARE COMING

Last night I saw Les Miserables. If you really want to know my detailed thoughts on the show, ask to read my theater journal someday because I took notes. I really don't have much to saw other than that the show was amazing. OUT OF THIS WORLD. I was blown away. 




Les Mis is one of those shows that I go away from for a while and then I am exposed to it and suddenly it's like Jesus appeared out of the sky and the musical theater Gods were summoned. I will be honest with you, Les Mis is a classic. There is nothing like it. The show is a gift and I am utterly smitten with every aspect of it. I love love love love love it. 

We saw the understudy for Jean Valjean but he was just awesome. Eponine's "On My Own" was heartbreaking. Marius' "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" made me want to run onstage and hug him. "One Day More" killed me. Geez, there's nothing to say except that I enjoyed every second of the show. If you haven't seen this show live, fly to London and see it... because it's worth every second of the three hours you'll spend at the theater.

I paid 20 pounds to sit in the last row in the balcony/upper circle. The last row in the entire theater, but I had a perfect view. When I saw the show for the first time on Broadway I sat in the front row in the orchestra. It was interesting to experience the show from far away, but it was just as wonderful. 

View from the last row.


No comments:

Post a Comment