Monday, September 10, 2012

Greetings. I figured it was time I shared a little bit about what I've been up to!

Yesterday we had orientation at BADA where we spent the day learning about what our semester will look like and met all the important people. It was like the first day of pre-orientation... awksauce. After orientation I went down to the river (Thames, obviously) and spent some time at the Mayor's Festival. There was amazing food and we just walked across the bridge and looked around. It was beautiful. First sighting of the London Eye as well as the National Theatre and Waterloo Station.

Today was the first day of classes, and it literally felt like the first day of kindergarten. I only had one class and it wasn't until 2:00, but I walked over to BADA early with a group of people just to ensure that I knew exactly where I was going. School is about a 40 minute walk from where we live and we get to walk through Regent's Park, which there are pictures of below. BADA has a lounge area where with computers and couches so I spent the morning reading one of the plays I have to read by Wednesday. Around 12 I met up with some people who had just gotten out of class and we went into Camden Town (down the road from BADA) to Whole Foods for lunch. We walked around Camden Town and it was adorable. There are tons of coffee shops and little places to sit and do work.

Then I had my first class which was Shakespeare's Tragedies. I'm excited because I'm taking a class on the tragedies, but then I'm also taking an entire class on the comedies and histories, so I will get a little bit of everything!

Tomorrow we are seeing "As You Like It" at the Globe Theatre. If you don't know what the Globe is, shame on you/Google it.


Regent's Park

Regen's Park

The Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park

Apparently John Lennon lived here at one point.

It's insane how clean the public transportation is.

AMAZING homemade pasta from a stand at a festival.

The one thing I refuse to do while I'm here is ride that...

1 comment: