Thursday, December 6, 2012

RAGE AND LOVE

Oh hey there... you know that musical I really really really like? Yeah well I saw it tonight at the Hammersmith Apollo Theatre.

I mean what is there to say... it was the 4th time I've seen the show. I can tell you every moment where they changed or added choreography. Oh and there should not SHOULD NOT be an intermission in this show. It's specifically built to be a 90-minute rock opera. So that was the only real big issue I had with anything.

The cast was great. I was super impressed. There was a standing ovation so obviously Brits don't mind spending 1.5 hours hearing about the problems of being an angsty young adult in America.

It made me homesick for America and for NYC, but it was really interesting to "in the know" and the minority because every time I saw it on Broadway it was an American audience who could identify with everything. Like I might not need to buy a bus ticket and leave home to go become a drug addict and have my life fall apart before realizing I made a mistake in order to identify with these characters. This show is telling the story of a generation -- my generation -- and I think that we can all see parts of ourselves in all the characters.

Everyone thinks it's funny/weird that I love this show so much because it doesn't seem like me... but you ask my flatmates what I did when I got home and they'll tell you that I flipped out and (attempted to) rage. I did a lot of head banging and hair tossing. Good times.

On the tube on the way home a lady said "It was brilliant. The best thing I've ever seen."

HELL YEAH.





No comments:

Post a Comment