Saturday, October 13, 2012

Heyyyoooo.

So since last Saturday I've seen one show. For school we saw Shakespeare's "King Lear" with Jonathan Pryce (the Governor in "Pirates of the Caribbean") as Lear. I had never read the play or seen it so I was going into this show blind. Act I was 2 hours long and Act II was a little over 50 minutes, but not once did I feel like I was going to fall asleep. There were moments when I spaced out because let's face it, you can't care about every single moment in every single play. Overall the show was great. The set was incredible as was the lighting, sound, and effects. The production value was just so high that I enjoyed every minute because there was always something interesting going on in terms of tech.

King Lear

Now I'm writing a paper. I have two big papers due next week (midterms). Fun times. Not really. I was supposed to go see Les Mis again tonight but when I got to the box office this morning it was sold out! I refuse to be sad about it though because it's just too impressive that a show that's been running for 25ish years can sell out two shows on a Saturday.

Nothing else is new. I'm in the midst of planning my vacation in November. So far it's Fri-Mon in Barcelona, Tues-Fri in Stratford Upon-Avon (for school), Sat-Wed in Rome, Thurs-Fri in Florence, and Sat-Sun in Venice. Lots of traveling in a 2 week span. Can I handle it? Who knows. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment