Thursday, November 1, 2012

THE BARCELONA POST.

Things I learned in Spain:

1) "Marinated salmon" means raw salmon. Made that mistake in the first hour of being there... ordered marinated salmon for lunch and did not think that it might be sushi style.

2) Gypsies exist.

3) Sex shops are abundant.

3) Europeans are just better looking than Americans. I think it's because they've had thousands of years to perfect their gene pool.

4) Tornadoes occur over water... I saw it happen.

5) Good food is expensive but worth it. So worth it.



Now you get to hear about my weekend in Barcelona. First of all, I never in a million years thought i would go to Spain, so that alone was pretty exciting.

I'll do this day by day (musical theater joke. Comment if you get it.)

FRIDAY...

- Arrived at the airport in Barcelona around 9:30am
- Took the Aerobus to Playa Catalunya
- Got coffee
- Waited outside the Hard Rock Cafe for the guy who owns the hostel we stayed in to come "pick us up" and walk us to the hostel
- Went to the hostel
- Took a short nap
- Cable car ride up to the top of Montjuic
- Walked around the castle
- Walked back down the mountain

SATURDAY

- La Sagrada Familia. Epic. Most amazing thing ever. We took a guided tour and it was awesome. It's just so huge and the architecture is so impressive.
- Bought a ticket for the double decker tour bus that I never thought I'd actually do in my life because it's such a tourist thing to do. Got the bus from the park near La Sagrada and rode all the lines on the bus and got off at important/interesting places.
- Went up to Parc Guell to take pictures

SUNDAY

- We were confused about the time change for a long time. Daylight savings is hard to deal with when your mind is in three different countries at one time.
- Walking tour of the Gothic Quarter
- Went inside Gaudi house
- Had dinner at best tapas bar in Barcelona.

MONDAY

- Took Aerobus back to the airport and flew back to London!




I will post pictures at some point. You can see them all on my Facebook (if you have FB). I'm currently in Stratford-upon-Avon until Friday morning and then I leave for Italy on Saturday. This will be the last post for a week or two!

3 comments: